Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
The contents of this website, such as text, graphics, images, and other material contained on this website ("Content") are for informational purposes only. The Content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical or physical therapy advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician, physical therapist, or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
A physical therapy diagnosis is not a medical diagnosis by a physician or based on radiological imaging and that such services might not be covered by the patient's health plan or insurer.
PRIVATE POLICY (last updated February 2016)
Overview. The information we gather generally falls into one of two categories: (1) personally identifying information (“PII”) that you voluntarily supply when you register with our Site; and (2) information gathered on usage patterns and preferences as visitors navigate through our Site.
Registration Information. As a client with ENDVR, you will need to register as a user with our Site and provide certain information as part of the registration process. This includes, without limitation, your first name, last name, mailing address (where merchandise you purchase will be shipped), phone number, email address, user name, a password of your choice to use with your user name, and certain relevant health information.
ENDVR is the sole owner of the information collected on this Site. We only have access to information that you voluntarily give us via email or other direct contact from you. We will not sell or rent this information to anyone and we will not share your information with any third party outside of our organization, other than as necessary to provide physical therapy services.
You agree that, subject to applicable law, we may use your information to contact you for customer service, to inform you of important changes or additions to our Site or the services offered over our Site and to send you administrative notices or any communications relevant to your use of our Site. At any time, you may contact us at [email protected] to change, correct, edit, or delete any data we have about you or express any concern you have about our use of your data.
Cookies. To help make our Site more responsive to the needs and interests of our users, we keep track of the pages visited by our users by placing a cookie, a small entry in a text file, on the hard drives of our visitors.
Social Media. You hereby authorize and provide consent to ENDVR to post my story, photo, likeness, name, or other item (collectively, “Materials”) to any or all of its various social media platforms, including without limitation, Twitter, Facebook, and/or Instagram. You hereby release ENDVR and any of its representatives, employees, managers, members, officers, parent companies, subsidiaries, and directors, from all claims and demands arising out of or in connection with any use of said “Materials”, including, without limitation, all claims for invasion of privacy, infringement of your right of publicity, defamation, and/or any other personal and/or property rights. You acknowledge and agree that no sums whatsoever will be due to you as a result of the use and/or exploitation of the “Materials” or any rights therein.
DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION - GENERAL
Statistical Information. Much of the information we collect is in the form of aggregated statistics, such as the traffic that visits various pages within our Site, and the habits and preferences of our audience. Such aggregated information does not include any information that would identify you personally.
The security of our users’ PII is extremely important to us and we take precautions to protect it. Your ENDVR account is password protected and can be updated when desired. When you submit sensitive information via our Site, your information is protected both online and offline. Wherever we collect sensitive information (such as your phone number), that information is stored within database(s) operated by us. We encrypt sensitive information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). We secure the PII you provide on computer servers in a controlled, secure environment, protected from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. However, no security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our database, nor can we guarantee that information you supply won't be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the Internet.
ENDVR will retain your information only for as long as is necessary or your account is active or as needed to provide you services. If you no longer want ENDVR to use your information to provide you services, you may close your account. ENDVR will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
You may inform us of any changes or requests in regards to your personal data, and in accordance with our obligations under local data protection law, we may update or delete your personal data accordingly.
This Site is not directed at children under the age of 18, and we won't knowingly allow anyone under age 18 to register with our Site or to provide any other personally identifying information without the permission and supervision of a responsible legal guardian. If you do not qualify, please do not provide us with any personally identifying information about yourself (such as your name, your email address or your phone number). If we become aware that we have collected any personally identifying information from a user under the age of 18, we will remove such information from our records as soon as possible.
The following is a non-exhaustive list of the ways the ENDVR may use and disclose your Health PII. Your written authorization is not required before ENDVR may use or disclose your Health PII for the purposes listed below, unless otherwise noted.
1. Treatment. ENDVR uses Health PII to provide physical therapy and other services to you. With your consent, ENDVR may disclose information about you to other health care providers who are involved in your care and treatment which may include sharing certain information with specialists, pharmacies, and labs.
2. Operations. We may use and disclose your Health PII as necessary to support the day-to-day activities and management of ENDVR. For example, ENDVR may use and disclose your Health PII for purposes of internal administration and planning, quality review and improvement, legal services, etc.
3. Information Related to Your Care. ENDVR may use your Health PII to communicate with you about products or services relating to your treatment, case management or care coordination, or alternative treatments, therapies, providers or care settings. ENDVR also may use your Health PII to identify health-related services and products provided by ENDVR that may be beneficial to your health and then contact you about the services and products. ENDVR will not use or disclose your Health PII for purposes of marketing (as defined by federal privacy laws) without first obtaining your prior authorization.
4. Communication with Family and Others. We may disclose health information about you to your family members or friends if we obtain your verbal agreement to do so or if we give you an opportunity to object to such a disclosure and you do not raise an objection. We may also disclose health information to your family or friends if we can infer from the circumstances, based on our professional judgment that you would not object. For example, we may assume you agree to our disclosure of your Health PII to your spouse when you bring your spouse with you to the physical therapy center during treatment or while treatment is discussed.
DISCLOSURE OF MEDICAL INFORMATION - LEGAL
There are times when ENDVR is required to disclose your Health PII due to federal, state, or local law.
1. Public Health Reporting. ENDVR may share your Health PII with public health authorities as required by law. Some examples of public health reporting are: reporting medical information for the purpose of preventing or controlling disease, injury, or disability; notifying a person regarding potential exposure to a communicable disease; notifying a person regarding a potential risk for spreading or contracting a disease or condition; and reporting information to your insurer and/or the state industrial accident board (and any party involved in a workers’ compensation matter) as required under laws addressing work-related illnesses and injuries or workplace medical surveillance.
2. Health Oversight Activities. ENDVR may share your Health PII with a health oversight agency for activities authorized by law to ensure that we are doing our job correctly. Oversight activities can include investigations, inspections, audits, surveys, licensure and disciplinary actions, civil, administrative and criminal procedures or actions, or other activities necessary for the government to monitor government programs, compliance with civil rights laws, and the healthcare system.
3. Lawsuits and Similar Proceedings. ENDVR may use and share your Health PII in response to a court or administrative order if you are involved in a lawsuit or similar proceeding. We also may share your Health PII in response to a discovery request, subpoena or other lawful process by another party involved in a dispute, but only if we have made an effort to inform you of the request or obtain an order protecting the information the party has requested.
4. Law Enforcement. Your Health PII may be disclosed to the police or other law enforcement officials as required or permitted by law or in compliance with a court order or a grand jury or administrative subpoena accompanied by a court order.
5. Deceased Patients. ENDVR may release Health PII to a medical examiner or coroner as authorized by law.
6. Research. ENDVR may use and share your Health PII for research purposes in certain limited circumstances. We will obtain your written authorization to use your Health PII for research purposes except when an Internal Review Board or Privacy Board has determined that the waiver of your authorization satisfies all of the necessary conditions to ensure minimal risk to your privacy.
7. Serious Threats to Health or Safety. ENDVR may use and share your Health PII when necessary to reduce or prevent a serious threat to your health and safety or the health and safety of another individual or the public. Under these circumstances, we will only make disclosures to a person or organization able to help lessen or prevent the threat.
8. Military. ENDVR may share your Health PII if you are a member of U.S. or foreign military forces (including veterans) and if required by the appropriate authorities.
9. National Security. ENDVR may share your Health PII with federal officials for intelligence and national security activities authorized by law.
10. Workers’ Compensation. ENDVR may release your Health PII for workers’ compensation and similar programs.